The Canada - Latvia Youth Mobility Agreement provides to 400 young Latvians and 400 young Canadians each year the opportunity to acquire professional or hands-on experience as well as to improve their knowledge of languages, culture and society of the other country while holding a temporary work permit.
As a young Latvian citizen, you can work anywhere in Canada for up to a year. It is a great way of getting to know Canada and making new friends!
You can apply for a work permit under the Youth Mobility program if you:
- are a Latvian citizen living in Latvia;
- are between the age of 18 and 35 (inclusive);
- are in possession of CAD 2 500;
- have health insurance for the duration of your stay (contact your insurance company);
- pay the participation fee equivalent to 150 CAD in Latvian Lats (LVL).
The current fee is 69 LVL as of 07 July 2008.
There are 3 different programs under which one can apply within the framework of this Agreement. It is possible to benefit from the Agreement twice, if you are eligible and if it is under a different program.
- Professional development: Young citizens, including post-secondary graduates, who wish to broaden their work experience through a work contract in Canada Download application form and application kit in English, French or Latvian.
- Internships: Young adults who wish to complete an internship under a contract of employment in a company in Canada as part of their studies or training. Download application form and application kit in English, French or Latvian.
- Working Holiday: Young adults who wish to stay in Canada for tourism and cultural discovery while being authorized to work on an occasional basis in order to supplement their financial resources. Download application form and application kit in English, French or Latvian.
The Program Participation Fee (PPF) will be refunded to individuals (applicants) who have been found to be ineligible or inadmissible (i.e. on criminal or medical grounds, etc.). Should the applicant choose to withdraw his or her application before it is processed, the Program Participation Fee will be refunded. However, once the applicant has been issued a letter of authorization (LOI), it will no longer be possible to obtain a refund of the Program Participation Fee. Program Participation Fees are not transferable under any circumstances, neither from person to person or from year to year.
If you have any questions about your application, please send an e-mail to email@example.com